Careers at SuperDroid Robots
SuperDroid Robots is always looking for talented individuals. SuperDroid Robots does everything in-house, starting with engineering and design. We have all our own fabrication equipment from CNC plasma cutters, CNC breaks, welding, CNC mills and lathes to manual mills and lathes. We do all the fabrication, assembly, programming and testing ourselves. All website development, photography, videography, marketing, advertising, sales, inventory management, shipping and technical support is also all done in-house. All this requires talented individuals with specialized skill sets.
SuperDroid Robots is located just south of Raleigh, NC. which makes it a great place to work. Close to many universities and colleges. Close to a major airport. Lots of talented individuals in one area with a very affordable cost of living. The Raleigh area is consistently ranked as one of the top areas to live.
SuperDroid Robots is a fun place to work. After all we build and sell robots! Not too many jobs offer the benefit of being able to do it all, from design to completion, and robots! If you want to join our winning team, send your applications to us along with a cover letter and let us your talents and ambitions.
Sections on this page:
Immediately Available Positions
SuperDroid Robots, Inc., is looking for an Electrical Engineer with the following specific requirements:
- Ability to help with multiple projects. The projects will include configuring and programming standard robots and development and implantation of custom robots.
- DC Power Circuits including power distribution.
- Understanding of all types of DC motor controllers (steppers, brushed, brushless, etc.)
- Control wiring and communication including RS232, TTL, RS485, PWM, CAN, etc.
- Robotic sensor integration such as encoders, LIDAR, Sonar, IR, IMU, GPS, IPS, etc.
Other specific skill that will be beneficial:
- Electrical Wiring soldering, crimping, general hookup
- Embedded micro-controller programming
- MS Visual Studio Experience for GUI interface
- Autonomous robot programming for point to point robotic navigation
- ROS (Robot Operating System) integration
- PCB design and assembly skills
SuperDroid Robots, Inc., is looking for Electrical-Mechanical Technicians. The position will be to aid in the build out of custom robot projects for a variety of customers to include commercial, law enforcement, government, and university research.
SuperDroid Robots is looking for an Electrical/Mechanical Technician/Fabricator. Although we do not expect individuals to be strong in both electrical and mechanical, experience with both is required.
Electrical Technician skill set with the following specific requirements:
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assembly skills including surface mount and through hole assembly.
- Electrical Wiring (DC low voltage systems)
- Controls wiring and computer setup
- Ability to read and build from schematics
- Ability to create as-built schematics
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects independently
- Basic mechanical fabrication and assembly (mounting electrical components, etc,)
Mechanical Fabricator skill set with the following specific requirements:
- Mechanical assembly and fabrication. Machining experience.
- Metal Fabrication
- Plastics and wood fabrication
- Drilling and Tapping metal
- Manual Mill and Lathe machining
- CNC Router, CNC Mill, 3D Printer familiarity.
Send You Resumes for Consideration:
Resumes should be sent that demonstrate education and/or specific experience in as many of these areas as possible. This is a funded job by multiple jobs and our continued rapid growth in the robotics market. The jobs will require full time daily employment in s Fuquay-Varina (South of Raleigh). Part time employment will be entertained on a case by case basis. NO Contract work. Please send resume and relevant experience to our email. Will entertain full or part time, salary with benefits, hourly, etc.
The people that work at SuperDroid Robots
SuperDroid Robots' employees enjoy working. The atmosphere is fun and the work is exciting and challenging. Building robots that are state of the art at affordable prices requires a lot of talent. The ability to solve problems, work hard, meet schedule, and have fun is a must. The market of robotics is growing rapidly, and as the market grows, so does our demand. To meet the demand we need good employees. To see more about our existing employees, see our About Us page.
Resources at SuperDroid Robots
In order to design, develop, and program state of the art robots with have great resources. We have more than twice as many computers as we do employees to ensure each employee has the full resources needed to be efficient and productive in designing, developing, and programming robots. Some of our software includes:
- CADSoft Eagle for PCB Design
- Microsoft Office, Corel Suites, Adobe Elements, etc.
- Visual Basic (VB)
- PICBASIC Pro
- Microsoft .NET
- Microsoft Embedded
- Linux Embedded
In order to build state of the art robots, SuperDroid Robots needs state of the art equipment. Our on-site digital machine shop is the cornerstone of our in-house turnkey production model. Our CNC machines – one of which we designed and built from scratch – enable us to build most products from beginning to end. Our equipment includes:
- CNC 3 axis Mills,
- CNC Lathe with air collet, Variable Speed Drive, Auto Tool Changer
- Mill with DRO (Digital Read Out)
- Lathe with DRO,
- CNC break press,
- 5ft x 12ft CNC high definition plasma cutting table,
- 4 axis CNC Router (designed and built by ourselves to fit our needs)
We build our own Printed Circuit Boards (PCB). Our equipment includes:
- Stencil Equipment for applying Solder paste
- PCB Pick and Place Machines with dual vision systems for precise component placement
- Large PCB programable oven
- Multiple programable and manual rework stations
Of course we have a large 10,000 sq ft facility for all our equipment that is climate controlled. Besides all the equipment listed above we loads of hand tools and equipment including:
- paint booth along with all the spraying and application equipment
- Multiple Air Compressors and air dryers and regulators
- Sand Blaster
- Bead Blaster
- huge selection of handheld and bench top tools
In order to fabricate robots, welding is essential. Our welding equipment includes:
- Large High Frequency TIG Welders
- Handheld Plasma cutting equipment
- MIG welding including push and pull wire feeding guns
Using all these tools allow us to build virtually anything in-house. Of Course we cannot run any of this equipment without great employees. Our growth continues each year and we are always looking for great people to help us continue our growth.